I Am Number 4

Saturday, March 05, 2011



They caught Number One in Malaysia. Number Two in England. And Number Three in Kenya. They killed them all. I am Number Four. I am next.”

On a scale of 10, I’ll have to give it a 9.

I saw it today and I can really say that it was a must-see movie. It stars Alex Pettyfer as  John Smith/Number FourDianna Agron as  Sarah Hart (You’ll probably recognize Dianna Agron as cheerleader Quinn on the famous TV musical series Glee, now we’ll get to see her on the big screen with the Dreamworks and Disney collaboration) and Callan McAuliffe as Sam Goode.




“A place is only as good as the people you know in it.” - John Smith 


The action packed thriller revolves around an extraordinary young man, John Smith (Alex Pettyfer), who is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. Changing his identity, moving from town to town with his guardian Henri (Timothy Olyphant), John is always the new kid with no ties to his past. In the small Ohio town he now calls home, John encounters unexpected, life-changing events—his first love (Dianna Agron), powerful new abilities and a connection to the others who share his incredible destiny.




How about the villains? The Mogadorians are regrettable villains. Apparently they’re bad simply because they’re bad. They don’t colonize, they don’t enslave, they’re not after resources, nothing. They destroy worlds, that’s what they do; there isn’t any deeper motivation than that. With their weird nose-gills, neo-tribal head tattoos, and flowing black trench coats, I actually don’t like looking at them. Horrible creatures. 





I’m not going to go all movie critic because I am not although there are times that I am, depending on the movie that I have watched, but I’ve to say it was a nice movie. I wasn’t bored at all. The plot is somehow unique and intriguing and totally promising. It was in fact very unpredictable that every next scene might surprise you or so  I say since I experienced it first hand. The characters are hot especially John and Number Six portrayed their roles very well. There was not much drama which I totally liked. The fight scenes were amazing, I totally love it, breathless I may say. I want more of that on their next sequel. I am actually loving this kind of movies.



The sequel The Power of Six, with be out on August 23, 2011and will be about Number Seven. Can’t wait!
The film also stars Teresa Palmer, Kevin Durand and Callan McAuliffe. Produced by Michael Bay, the film is written by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar and Marti Noxon based from the book by Pittacus Lore.



To end this movie review, I somehow can link all the past movies that I have watched for the past months, teen angst, aliens, vampires, teen witches, teen magicians or wizards then back to teen angsts once again…what’s next? Is this the only way teens now days they can escape what seems to be a boring, not-so-cool life that they have right now? if they were living in that so-called existence? hmmm…


You Might Also Like

0 comments