Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Saturday, July 16, 2011


I saw Transformers: Dark of the Moon today and it’s a pretty good movie to say the least, I recommend it to people who saw the first two. :)


Basically, the plot evolved on Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) who is not enjoying his veteran life with new girlfriend Caty (played by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley). ‘Thankfully’ he gets wrapped up in another ancient plot to destroy the world once more by, you guessed it, the Decepticons. The Autobots, the glorious US army and Sam and, for some reason, his girlfriend, must team up once again to save the world and kick some metal. Yes, A lot of metals I must say. I reason why I’m having second thoughts on watching this movie is that when I watched the first two series, I tend to cry every time one of the Autobots gets into trouble like Bumblebee. I know it’s part of the story to put some twist in it but just the same I can’t help it, I tend to feel emotional.


Dark of the Moon is kind of a combination of Transformers 1 & 2: it has some of the things that made the first one great but this is compensated by a lot that made the second one not that great. There’s a lot of fighting going on, this time in 3D. What I don’t like is the “parts” when Sam sits through two and a half hours looking up and screaming at everyone in slow-motion and 3D which is just a bit too much. I mean there are a couple of times he could be in no use at all with his robot friends like Bumblebee. But apart from some excellent cinematography, this is just another Revenge of the Fallen. As in really. Honestly speaking, I wish Megan Fox is still part of the movie, I mean I didn’t feel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley at all, what’s with the pouty lips anyway? I mean she does it on purpose? to completely imitate Megan Fox? That’s not really a good idea.


The best scene so far for me is when Optimus Prime killed Megatron in the final scene and also Sentinel. A little sad though. Another scene is when Sam and Bumblebee are chased by two Decepticons on the highway causing mayhem and eventually on of the coolest shots I’ve ever seen in a film.

watch the trailer here:


You Might Also Like

0 comments