Roswell: TV Series

Sunday, August 21, 2011


This is yet one of my favorite TV series before and I watched it at Channel 9 before every Wednesday night. I'm a big fan of Shiri Appleby and Jason Behr. I think they look good together, one of the reason why I watch this series is because I love their tandem. They tend to compliment each other.


Roswell was a teen drama that ran from 1999-2002.  It followed the lives of three teenage human-alien hybrids living in Roswell, New Mexico, and their human friends who get sucked into keeping the secret from everyone else (including a special unit of the FBI) after Max saves Liz from a gunshot wound in the cafe. Max Evans (Jason Behr) and his sister Isabelle Evans (Katherine Heigl) were found wandering in the desert when they were five years old after hatching from some pods they’d been incubating in since the 1947 crash.  They were adopted by a nice couple and grew up in Roswell while their pod-mate Michael Guerin (Brendan Fehr - my ultimate crush at that time) ended up in foster care with a really awful foster dad who dies early in the series. 


The three of them try to be normal, but they have special powers–all of them can manipulate the molecular structure of objects–and when Max sees the very human Liz get shot by a stray bullet in her parents’ cafe, he springs into action, saving her life by using his magical healing powers.  This sparks a series of events that arouse the suspicion of local sheriff Jim Valenti (William Sadler), whose own past is haunted by his father’s obsession with finding aliens.  Once Liz knows about their secret, it isn’t long before her best friend Maria DeLuca (Majandra Delfino) knows as well, and eventually their friend Alex Whitman (Colin Hanks) does, too.  The group works hard to keep the aliens a secret and eventually Sheriff Valenti joins the team, as does his son, Kyle (Nick Weschler).

In addition to the alien problems that the cast faces, they also deal with the more teen-friendly issues of first love, first heartbreak, and betrayals. The show was canceled after three seasons, but it holds a large amount of nostalgia for people who were coming of age at the turn of the century. 

Roswell tv show photo

I must admit that I am one of those sci-fi die hard fans and I am really in tune with watching any show that is connected with aliens. But this series gave me something to ponder on, like what if aliens really exist and they can look as hot as Brendan Fehr? :) I would really want to watch this series again and come to think of it, I'm also wondering where are these actors now? Katherine Heigl obviously is still visible, making movies every now and then. I hope I can still watch Shiri Appleby in any series or movies too.

WATCH TRAILER HERE:


You Might Also Like

0 comments