Steve Jobs: You're an inspiration!

Thursday, August 25, 2011


A lot of resignation has been going on, mostly from government employees. Another big resignation happened just this month, Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple. I'm a big fan of Mac not that I use one but I happened to have a Mac computer when I was still working in my previous employer. As we all know, Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced iPad 2 which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.

I believe that Mr. Jobs made countless contributions to Apple's success now. He inspired a lot of employees to do better. For how many years, he has been dedicated to reinventing and defining technology. Let's not forget that his net worth is about 8 billion US dollars and yes, he gave that up and serves as  chairman of the board-director-employee instead.

Stated in his resignation letter:
"I have always said that if there ever came a day when i could no longer meet my duties and expectations as apple's ceo, I would be the first to let you know. unfortunately, that day has come."
I can relate with this statement. I know for a fact that when you're not functional as productive as day you started, it's time to finally let go and move on. Which is why I boldly did the same thing. Mr. Steve Jobs gave me an inspiration. There might be some struggles and hardships in your life but the point is, how you stand up and go on no matter what happens. It might be a long wait but surely, you'll get there. I'll definitely keep that in mind. :)

Here's another inspiring speech from Mr. Steve Jobs on his 2005  Stanford Commencement Address wherein  he urged graduates to pursue their dreams and see the opportunities in life's setbacks -- including death itself -- at the university's 114th Commencement on June 12, 2005.:


"you can't connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backwards. you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. you have to trust in something. gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever." 
"sometimes life's gonna hit you in the head with a brick. don't lose faith." 
"i am convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that i loved what i did. you've got to find what you love. and that is as true for work, as it is for your lovers." 
"as with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it." 
"remembering that i'll be dead soon is the most important tool i've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important."  

watch the video here:



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. "You can only connect the dots moving backwards." I love it! =)

    ReplyDelete