My Reasons To Travel While You Are Young

Monday, November 14, 2011


I'm not really a travel blogger and I don't consider myself as a blogger anyway. I write. But I don't need any labels just to prove to anyone who I am. I love writing and these are one of the few things that really defined who I am. Traveling to new places is one of the things that I want to engage myself into right now. Just like the blog of  http://goinswriter.com/travel-young/ where he pointed out the reasons why we must travel while we're young, I guess I want to share my own reasons why I am venturing myself in the same routine right now. Why I want to save up money and take myself to places where I know I'll mature more.

Traveling engage you in an endless adventure that will make you feel brave enough to do things you think you'll never imagine doing. I haven't gone rappelling though or bungee jump in the tallest building on Earth but I will, who knows. Soon. The drive will be there and I think when the right time comes, I will be tough enough to do it. Traveling has taught me a lot about the places I've been  to. 


I haven't gone to many places though but the places where I've been to taught me a lot about the people and their culture. Different places, different culture. I just hope people will continue to preserve their culture and the historical places that they have. When you travel, you are also forced to be one of them. To understand how the natives go through their lives, what they usually do, where they usually go and so many things. You begun adapting everything. Once you get back to your normal life, there, you will see the difference. There, you will know how lucky you seem are compare to others and will be able to show compassion and care for other people especially our Mother Nature. I also marveled the food that I ate whenever I drop by to different local places. What can I say, traveling is also eating. Basically, one of the cultures that you must try once you reached a certain spot. Never go to a place and not try their delicacies. It's like an insult. Be adventurous. 


There are so many ways where we can learn different things, traveling is one of them. I learned a lot just by traveling to local places. I don't see any point on whatever age you are in right now. Whether you are young or old. Travel. Discover what life has to offer. Discover what a beautiful and amazing world God has created for us. All we need to do is take care of it. Marvel on it. Next time you want to go to this place and the reasoned out. "I can't, I'm busy." Screw that. There's always a time for making the most of your life. When will be the next perfect time? "I can't, I don't have the money." Save money. This is something that you can cherish for the rest of your life. Material things will never fill up the emotions that you will have once you've climb the highest mountain or once you have seen the amazing sights of the beach. 
Next time you want to travel..Just go. No excuses. Pack up your bags and smile. You're barking on an adventure that will mark one of the best things that you will experience. 
 One of the movies that inspired me to travel to different countries in the future is Eat, Pray, Love. The best book for me, so far would be The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. 




Travel because you want to. Because you want to Live. Learn. Explore. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments