Stop Animal Cruelty!

Monday, December 05, 2011

Ever since I was a kid, I've already experience taking care of our very own pets. We've had dogs, cats, pigeons, chickens,fish and even a turtle. I really don't mind taking care of them personally since I love being hands on with my pets. I always want to be the one giving them food or giving them a bath especially playing with them. Of course, we all know death is inevitable, I lost some of them because of disease or accidents. I really have a soft spot with animals, I mean who wouldn't right?



When my Snoopy died (dog-female) I really cried a lot, I considered her as my best friend. I even remember talking to her at our veranda during those times when I feel depressed and hopeless. She would just look at me and lick my hand while we gaze at the stars. I miss those times. I also lost a lot of cats, mainly because they always get sick and even though we always try my best to cure them, we failed. 

What's my point?I'm really getting mad at those people who treat animals especially cats and dogs like dirt. Just like what I posted in my facebook status:


The other day, we just rescued a pregnant cat in our street because it was hit and run by a heartless devil who left the almost dying cat in the road. Good thing we are there to save her. The sad part is, her mouth got crushed as well as her right eye :( perfect reason why I cursed the stupid driver every second whenever I get to think of what he/she did. How cruel can you be? Drivers should always be alert. We're talking about a living thing here. Breathing animal. I really wish the cat will survive. I already asked PAWS what to do and fortunately, they responded to my questions right away. I'm planning to take the cat on their office so that their resident vet can check her up. I really wish she'll be ok. In the meantime, Life goes on...

I wish people would be more considerate. Will be more patient. Will be more attentive and careful. I wish, this Christmas, there will be no more stray animals on the road. No more homeless dogs and cats. No more animal cruelty and abuse. No more eating of dogs just for the benefit of satisfying their "beer-belly" nights. I hate to say this but our country, is not really aware on how to treat animals properly. I hope as days pass by, years pass by..Filipinos and other nationalities will be educated on this matter. 

If you know any maltreatment to animals that is happening in your neighborhood or just like me, if you've rescued a stray animal etc. and don't know what to do, feel free to contact PAWS:

PAWS Animal Rehabilitation Center (PARC)
Aurora Blvd., Katipunan Valley, Loyola Heights, QC
Office Hours: Mondays to Saturdays, 10am - 5pm (except holidays)
Tel. #: 475-1688 (only during ofc hours)
Email: philpaws@yahoo.com



Let's help PAWS in their mission to prevent cruelty, alleviate pain, fear and suffering in animals, and to promote a society based on humane principles. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments