Sumo Sam SM City Manila Branch: Now Open!

Friday, March 15, 2013


I've been wanting to check out Sumo Sam for as long as I can remember,  
I love Japanese cuisine and I'm a big fan of it, there's something about Japanese food
that can make you deliriously hooked! :-)

Sumo Sam opened a new branch at SM Manila and yes I'm glad they do :-)


Special thanks to Sir Azrael for making me a part of this super fun & "busog-lusog"
blogger's event.  Sumo Sam staff are all very friendly and attentive to the needs of the customers. They serve with a big smile on their faces, that's a big plus for me.

Here's a long list of amazing Japanese cuisine at Sumo Sam, so let's start! :-)




They say a Japanese meal will not be complete without enjoying a plate of maki or sushi, there goes the delectable Dynamite roll, California Roll & Las Vegas Roll. 
All are very delicious, thumbs up, I enjoyed eating this hand rolled rice 
which made me crave for a...


Sushi! Remarkable, very tasty and fresh :-) perfect!


Next is the Ebi Tempura, I must admit I'm not a big fan of Tempura but theirs
 is quite good :-)

My favorite are as follows:

Japanese Fried Rice

Bacon Dory

Chicken Teriyaki

Beef Tepan

So sorry about my blurred pictures, maybe my hands is too shaky because I want
to eat it all in an instant :-) I love Japanese rice, ever since I've tasted one back in High School, I've always want to order one when I get the chance to visit a Japanese resto, 
You should definitely try their Bacon Dory, something new and delectable. Meat and Fish in one, isn't that nice?:-) Both Beef Tepan and Chicken Teriyaki tasted really and the meat is tender.

We were also served with:

Sumo Sam's Pride Salad

Spicy Tuna Salad

Both were very delicious and I especially liked the outburst of spice at the tip of 
your tongue when you try out the Spicy Tuna salad. The best!

For dessert, I super love their ICE POPS!
Reminds me of my childhood days



My favorite is the Pistachio flavor, not too sweet just enough to make you eat like a dozen of it and you still can't get enough or I'm just being biased because I love Pistachio by heart.



All in all, it was a two thumbs up Japanese experience, make that Sumo Sam experience. 
I will definitely try dining in  their other branches with my family and friends.


Super Thank you Sir Azrael Coladilla for this
nice photo op with Mr. Marvin Agustin with Manila Bloggers :-)

I super love the idea that Mr. Marvin Agustin even drop by to check the new branch and 
we get to eat lunch with him. I feel lucky to finally meet the great actor/chef/entrepreneur
actor who is a part owner of Sumo Sam.
He is very dedicated with his craft and I can imagine that the legacy of Sumo Sam
will totally live on. :-)

Sumo Sam is located at the 4th Floor of SM City Manila. 
This is Sumo Sam's 26th Branch.

For more deatils:
Like their official Facebook page:



You Might Also Like

0 comments