Fast and the Furious 6 Movie Review

Monday, May 27, 2013


I am so looking forward to this film and thankfully, I got an invite from Nuffnang Philippines 
together with Kettle Korn at Shang Cineplex Cinema 1 last May 24.

I'm an big fan of the series, in fact up until now I can still site some of my favorite songs
from their official soundtrack and yes, I loooove Paul Walker, I'm a bit bias here :)

I was totally blown away with the special effects, the breathtaking street racing, 
making me want to learn how to race a car (FYI: I'm a big fan of Gabby Dela Merced because she is one tough racing queen). 


Do not read if you haven't watch the movie!!!!!

Fast & Furious 6 picks up after the successful Rio fever in Fast Five, with Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) and his crew having given up their lives of crime, spending their hard-earned money jet setting, wooing supermodels – or in the case of Brian O’Conner (Paul Walker), adjusting to fatherhood. All seems well until Diplomatic Security Service Agent, Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson-The Rock), tracks Toretto down, requesting the team’s assistance in stopping an international terrorist – in exchange for full U.S. pardons.


Toretto agrees to help and the rest of his crew assemble in London, where they come face-to-face (or car-to-car) with infamous Ex-Special Forces soldier-turned-robber Owen Shaw (Luke Evans), along with his team of cold-blooded killers and expert gear-heads. With only days to stop Shaw from acquiring a dangerous piece of technology, Toretto and his team find themselves out-manned, out-gunned, and forced into taking desperate measures in order to stop the terrorist before he can sell his weapon to the highest bidder.

Director Justin Lin returns to Fast & Furious 6 joining the series back in 2006 with The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift and was instrumental in reinvigorating the franchise, but I was really baffled on why Han is still alive after Tokyo Drift then killing him again in FF6. I might have to watch these movies all over again to reconnect what really happened. 


Fast Five was the most successful film in the series – delivering eye-popping driving sequences along with entertaining character moments, with "Fast Five," the series turned from being exclusively about cops and criminals set in the underground world of street racing, to something more. 


This new movie is sort of like a spy-versus-spy scenario, with the villains just as adept at using cars to heist stuff as the heroes. Well hello there Luke Evans (Shaw), he's just perfect for the role, I can't imagine anyone portraying that. Perfect villain for a breathtaking movie.  

The car stunts are bigger (and crazier) than ever before – easily outdoing the scale of the Rio “Vault” scene from the prior film.

Now being said that, I fully recommend you to watch this film. It will totally take 
your breath away. I'm also glad that the cast had a premiere here in Manila.

Photo credits to Magnavision Home Video Facebook page :) 
via Phil Fernando 

I am so looking forward to Fast and the Furious 7. I hope they can shoot some scenes 
here in Manila.  Under a new director, the seventh film in the franchise is coming July 11, 2014, we don't have to wait that long yippee! :)


Watch the trailer here:


You Might Also Like

0 comments