Paris: My Dream Destination

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Paris - Eiffelturm und Marsfeld2

As a person who loves to dream about beautiful places, I often browse the net just to look for beautiful pictures from all over the world. But there are no other images that I love the most than Paris, France. 

Photo by Nisha Rao

Maybe because of it's romantic atmosphere or it's historical aura that tempts me so much to go there even in my dreams. Ever since I was a kid, I've been sketching the Eiffel tower and posting it on the wall of our room wishing that maybe someday I can travel  to this amazing place, I even have some cut outs from Magazines of my dream destination just so I can put it in my bucket list. 

As you may know, Paris is the most popular tourist destination in the world, with over 30 million foreign visitors per year. There are numerous iconic landmarks among its many attractions, along with world famous institutions and popular parks.


Le Louvre - Aile Richelieu

Not only am I obsessing about Eiffel tower, but I also want to visit The Louvre in Paris, France which is one of the world's most visited art museums. The collection contains nearly 35,000 pieces displayed over the structure's . The museum is on the Right Bank, in the neighborhood referred to as the 1st arrondissement and lies between the Seine River and the Rue de Rivoli. The Louvre is slightly askew of the axe historic  a long architectural straightaway that cuts through the center of Paris.


As a Roman Catholic, I also don't want to pass up the opportunity to go to Notre Dame de Paris, known simply as Notre Dame in English, it is a Gothic cathedral on the eastern half of the Ile de la Cite in Paris, France. It is still used as a Roman Catholic cathedral and is the seat of the Archbishop of Paris. Notre Dame de Paris is widely considered one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture. It was restored and saved from destruction by Viollet-le-Duc, one of France's most famous architects. The name Notre Dame means "Our Lady" in French.

Notre Dame de Paris was one of the first Gothic cathedrals, and its construction spanned the Gothic period. Its sculptures and stained glass show the heavy influence of naturalism, giving them a more secular look that was lacking from earlier Romanesque architecture.

Because there are so many sights to see and things to do in this magnificent city, I’d been obsessing about Paris ever since. It was my secret,  my ultimate dream destination that got me thinking, “Even if I do end up going there someday… it would be fun to be going there with the person who loves it as much as I do.” As silly as it sounds to some people, and despite the fact that I’d probably won’t get there until I’m 50, I say that for financial reasons, I do believe that everyone must have a dream, no matter how silly it may seems, it’s so much better, as the saying goes, to have a dream than not having any at all.
But I promise myself, someday..with a little faith..I'll get there. 

Je t'aime

You Might Also Like

0 comments