Marion Aunor Grand Album Launch

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Fast-rising singer-songwriter Marion Aunor believes that her singing and songwriting skills will make her stand out among the many other talented Filipino singers. The third place winner of "HimigHandog P-POP Love Songs 2013" is positive that she can carve her own niche in the music industry, especially with the new sound and unique flavor that she highlights in her much awaited self-titled debut album released under Star Records.

"It’s really tough to rise above the competition because so many other talented artists come out with their great albums that are launched almost at the same time. However, I still think that there is always room for new music as people are always on the lookout for something different and innovative,” said Marion whose musical influences include Jason Mraz, Sara Bareilles, The Corrs and The Cranberries.

“Unlike most local artists, I like to write my songs and put my own spin on revivals. So I’m very grateful that I was given the freedom to include my original compositions in my album and I was given a say in terms of the cover songs’ arrangement,” she said. “I usually write songs based on personal experiences to which many can surely relate. In my album, there is a song for everyone, no matter what age and hopefully, no matter what nationality.”

Featured in Marion’s self-titled debut album are 12 tracks including carrier singles, ‘Fallen’ and ‘Do DoDo’ which are both composed by the 21-year-old singer-songwriter. 

Also featured are two more of Marion’s original compositions namely, ‘I Don't Know (If I Should Stay or I Should Go)’ and her “HimigHandog” winning entry ‘If You Ever Change Your Mind.’ She co-wrote ‘Sex On Legs’ with Patricia Sanico, while her manager and album producer VehneeSaturno was her co-composer in the song ‘Take A Chance.’Vehnee’s composition, ‘MagmamahalSa’yo,’ is likewise included in the album.

Completing the tracklist are Marion’s creative revivals of the worldwide hit song ‘Just Give Me A Reason’ that was originally performed by Pink and Nate Reuss, timeless international hits ‘Don't Give Up On Us’ and ‘The First Time I Loved Forever,’ and OPM classic ballad ‘Someone's Always Saying Goodbye.’

Marion Aunor's self-titled debut album is now available at all records bars nationwide for only P250. Digital tracks can also be downloaded via iTunes, Amazon.com,  MyMusicStore.com.ph and starmusic.ph

Fans of Marion can follow her at facebook.com/marionaunormusic, twitter.com/marionaunor, and on Instagram:@marionaunor.

For more information, visit Star Records’ Facebook fan page at facebook.com/starrecordsphil or follow @starrecordsph on Twitter.

Watch the Grand Album Launch of Marion Aunor on December 22, 2013 6PM Sunday at the Glorietta Activity Center, Palm Drive! See you there!

You Might Also Like

0 comments