X-MEN: Days of Future Past

Friday, May 09, 2014

XMEN PHOTO
We all have heard or read about the certain saying that we cannot change the past but we can make our future better. 

I love traveling, it makes me appreciate more how wonderful the world is. There are so many beautiful places in our country and in the world but sadly, some people just don't know how to take care of our Mother Earth.

Back when I was a kid, I was taught by my parents and at school how to take care of our nature step by step. Even though I was just a kid, I know how to follow these steps. I don't litter. I conserve energy and I plant green leafy vegetables even fruits in our backyard.

But when I step into High school and College, maybe that was the point where I forgot all of these things and I must admit, I regret doing it. There were times when I throw my trashes anywhere or just plain litter. I would let the any electric appliance on even though I am not using it. I will let the water running even though I am, not using it. I must be evil at that time and I really regret what I did, seeing all the effects of what is happening around us. Just a simple act of violation to our Mother Nature and the toll will hit on me, even to people who are innocent.

Sad to say, these are usually the result of destructive human activities which I can say I became part of it. Undeniably, we are also liable to almost all of the global warming conditions. This is the world we’ve changed, and now we can see the effect of climate change to us. It’s obviously deadly, destructive and alarming. Whether we like it or not, it’s our moral responsibility to take extra care of our resources because we are all vulnerable to the hazards of global warming. We humans will be the most affected, because we are all dependent on our mother nature to survive.
This is what I want to correct in my past to save the future, I want to change my habits before that harmed our Mother Nature. 
 
If I can change my past, I would apply the three R’s (Reuse, Reduce and Recycle) 
and some of these important reminders that would benefit all of us especially our Mother Nature.

 Reuse- shopping bags 
 Reduce usage of unnecessary energy- turn off the lights/aircon if not greatly needed 
 Recycle- You can separate the recyclable items and sell them. 
 Compost- you can use your left over foods as fertilizers 
 Stop littering the world 
 Save electricity- use energy efficient light bulbs and appliances 
 Plant a tree 
 Burning of waste materials is harmful to our environment. 
 Use bike instead of car- for short distances.

Just like X-MEN, a team of mutant superheroes in the Marvel Universe, which basic concept is that under a cloud of increasing anti-mutant sentiment, Professor Xavier created a haven at his Westchester mansion to train young mutants to use their powers for the benefit of humanity, and to prove mutants can be heroes.

We don't need to be a mutant or be part of X-Men just to save the earth, we can do our part in simple ways. Let's start now or regret in the future. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments