Jake Cuenca to Study in Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Jake Cuenca who became part of Ikaw Lamang as "Franco" and made an incredible exit in the said teleserye will take a month-long break from the showbiz industry to pursue his passion and life long dream: to study in the prestigious Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.

File:Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute.jpg
The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute is dedicated to the ideals, values, and vision of Lee Strasberg’s innovative work known throughout the world as The Method. Through actor training, outreach, and the preservation of archival materials, the Institute works to further the legacy of Lee Strasberg and maintain his place as a seminal figure in the great American theater tradition.

For over 40 years, the Institute has built its outstanding reputation on the proven value of Lee Strasberg’s teachings, the astonishing achievements of our students, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.

Some of the notable and famous actors who were alumni of the said Institute were Alec Baldwin, Chris Evans, Robert De Niro, Bridget Fonda, Claire Danes, Scarlett Johansson, Al Pacino, Angelina Jolie, Jack Nicholson and Sean Penn.

The Kapamilya actor will be the first Filipino actor to be trained at the said institute which is famous for method acting. Jake said that he was inspired to sign up for the full and intensive Master Class after he underwent the Ivana Chubbuck workshop this year which was conducted by famous coach herself who flew to the country by ABS CBN's talent management arm Star Magic to further train their talents.

Jake felt that when he underwent the training with Ms. Ivana, the result was quite impressive since a lot of people praised his portrayal as Franco, one of the lead characters in Book 1 of Ikaw Lamang.

According to Jake, "I don't want to bank on one performance that I did. I don't want to be complacent. I want to keep on learning and the only way I can do that is to study. I want to broaden my range, my perspective when it comes to acting. I just want to keep pushing my self to keep better. The industry has been good to me that I feel as if 
I owe it to my audience. "

Admission to Lee Strasberg requires a strict process. Jake had to submit an essay and a video documentation and do a skype interview. He applied for himself and spent everything, although he said that the tuition is reasonable and it is the cost of living that is more expensive.

Jake is scheduled to leave on September 29 for the US but before that you can watch him on September 20's episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya and will head to Indonesia with Jessy Mendiola for the DZMM Caravan. He will also be signing another 2 year contract with ABS CBN so when he comes back he will be very busy pitching with teleseryes and movie for next year.

Jake will also be part of this year's Bench Underwear Fashion Show entitled, "The Naked Truth" to be held at SM Mall of Asia this coming September 19. He said that it will be his last appearance for the underwear show because he said,"I've done everything already. The only thing I haven't done is to strip naked. The audience can still expect the unexpected from me but I'm going to leave the theatrics to the new ones, but I am going to make this one count since it will be my last."

You Might Also Like

0 comments