Manny Pacquiao Wins Over Chris Algieri

Sunday, November 23, 2014

photo credit to dailymail.co.uk

Manny Pacquiao wins and dominated his fight over Chris Algieri, winning over unanimous decision. The fight happened last Sunday afternoon at the Cotai Arena in Macau. 


Pacquiao knocked down Alieri 6 times officially in the fight. Michael Buffer read the scorecards as 119-103, 119-103, and 120-102 but the numbers, gaudy as these are, could not completely encapsulate just how dominant Pacquiao was in the fight.

“Tonight I did my best. I’m so satisfied with my performance tonight. I came to fight. I did my best. That’s enough for me,” Pacquiao said in the post fight interview.

“I’m very confident I’d win the fight. I was trying to go for a knockout but he was fast. He was moving.”

Chris Algieri spent a significant portion of the fight backpedaling to stay away from his predator, which at times frustrated the crowd that included legendary action stars Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone at ringside.

He wasn’t able to prove it Sunday, instead suffering the first loss of his career after 20 wins (8 KOs).

The hashtags #PacAlgieri and #PinoyPride as well as the keywords Pambansang Kamao became instant trending topics on Twitter immediately after the Pacquiao-Algieri match.

You Might Also Like

0 comments