Fifty Shades of Grey Movie Review

Thursday, February 12, 2015

I did read the book, well E-book and all I can say was it did fascinate me into a whole new level of romance-intimate level because I rarely read books that are that intimate, it was really my first time to read a book that descriptive when it comes to intimate moments, maybe because I am now an adult and I should not be surprised. After reading the book and rumors circulated that there will be a movie soon, I was one of those who are really excited who would play Anastasia Steele and of course, Christian Grey. The excitement will really build up especially if you've read the book.

First and foremost, for me Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan fits their respectively roles perfectly. Although I must admit I also have other actors in mind like Matt Bomer and Alexis Bledel or Chace Crawford, Chris Hemsworth and the list goes on but then again when I watched the movie on its first showing day, it was just perfect. It feels like I am still reading the book, but this time, there's the whole picture.

Fifty Shades of Grey showcases a slow & seductive film with the roller coaster love story of billionaire Christian Grey and student Anastasia Steele. It was very true to the book, and did a great job of capturing Ana’s hesitance and naivete to enter Christian’s world of dominance and submission, despite the intensifying sexual tension and connection between 
the two of them. I like how Jamie portrays the air of being the bossy type-control freak of guy without being that arrogant, still the mysterious type. While Dakota plays that perfect all gullible and naive look with that wide blue eyes. 

Dakota Johnson actually blew me away. She took control of the role of Anastasia Steele, Her humor, her timing, her gazes filled with both uncertainty and desire, were perfect. I assure that you will be impressed with her.

The introduction scene at Grey Enterprises was nice like the hardware store scene when Ana was working at Clayton’s. Really feels like I'm reading the book, one of my very favorite scenes is when Ana calls Christian from the bar, shortly after they meet, which was a great example of how Ana quickly began to disrupt Christian’s carefully controlled life in unexpected ways. Imagine calling someone you barely know when you're drunk, that's "awkward" and vomiting to him as well.  The Red Room was staged in a lush, elegant, but of course, shocking way. They did a great job with it. It will leave you breathless in a 
heart-stopping way. Mind you, the movie was Rated 18 here in the Philippines, so for those who are under 18, well, they will ask for your ID anyway and you might not be allowed to watch it so might as well. The intimate scenes were also blurred which is just fine to me.

Overall, there are so many scenes in the movie that will have you swooning, laughing and smiling. The movie did a great job of adapting the book to screen, while injecting its own style into the story. Romance and seduction, control and loss of it, elevator scenes, sex and love… 
I believe devoted readers of the movie will appreciate this movie.

Check out the official trailer of Fifty Shades of Grey:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I watched it last night and I thought it was pretty good. I like the fact that this movie dealt with a subject matter that not a lot of people talk about.

    ReplyDelete