Jurassic World Movie Review

Sunday, June 14, 2015

I'm a big fan of Jurassic Park movies simply because any movie produced by Steven Spielberg is EPIC. The first time I watched Jurassic Park back in 1993 when I was still a kid, I was simply amazed, actually awed. I even collected Dinosaur toys because I got hooked with Jurassic Park. 

This year, our mouth will hang open again as the famous theme park Jurassic World opens.
Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond. After 10 years of operation and visitor rates declining, in order to fulfill a corporate mandate, a new attraction is created to re-spark visitor's interest, which backfires horribly.

Even though the sequel of Jurassic Park which is The Lost World and Jurassic Park III break some box office, it's still not as huge as the first installment and clearly with Jurassic World either. This movie is immense but not that huge compared when they launched Jurassic Park way back then.

When that familiar theme starts to play, I really got excited what the park looks like now. Before the “action” kicks into high gear, the movie will make you ACHE for a real dinosaur theme park. Jurassic Park really had the WOW factor when it came to seeing realistic dinosaurs in a movie. Jurassic World has the WOW factor of seeing a fully functional theme park with living, breathing dinosaurs. I spent so much time wishing Jurassic World was a real place … for that alone, the movie is worth seeing. But the real draw is the dino action. I don’t want to spoil anything but I will say that the action is really big and really fun.
There are a lot of gasps while we're watching the movie and kids can't get enough of the huge dinosaurs as well. 

The Indominus Rex which is a result of a hyper-intelligent, hyper-aggressive monster spliced together from the DNA of a T. rex, a cuttlefish, a tree frog and another ingredient that when mixed together will produce a not-so-ordinary dinosaur but a unique one above all else. It should have been one of the greatest attraction of Jurassic World until things didn't turn out right. 

Chris Pratt (Owen) perfectly portrayed his role well. I actually felt connected with him training the Raptors and he even gave them each a name of their own. He was the Alpha of the Raptors which is why they follow him and they're trained really well. 

The last part of the movie is pretty heart pounding, will all the dinosaur chasing and while the scene of the T. Rex and the Indominus Rex really amazes me, all in all I find this movie still worth watching. Gives me a sense of appreciation of how I love Dinosaur movies and thrilling movies like this one. The CGI of the movie is two thumbs up for me, this is perfect to watch on 4D and IMAX since you will enjoy the running and scare thrills of the dinosaurs but let me remind you that Jurassic World is rated PG so you might as well check how your kids are doing while they're watching the movie. 

The movie is:

Watch the trailer here:

You Might Also Like

0 comments