Meranti Hotel at Quezon City: Unwind & Reward Yourself to a Relaxing Staycation

Monday, February 08, 2016

Meranti Hotel stands out among 4-star luxury hotels in Quezon City. I never thought I would experience such pure luxury and comfort in the heart of Quezon City. Meranti Hotel is a true testament that wherever we may go, there will be a place that will take us back home. 

From hotel staff greeting you, to first-class service provided by the hotel receptionists, everyone was just as committed to make your stay as special as it should be. 

The word “Meranti” is of Malay origin meaning mahogany, and such, the whole aesthetic of Meranti Hotel is of wood and nature.The Meranti Hotel is the first hotel put up by Max's Group Inc. where the famous sarap to the bones chicken originated.  This is why Max's Restaurant's first branch located at Scout Tuazon is near Meranti Hotel. This is their first venture in the Hotel Industry and they're doing a magnificent job in it.

The moment you entered the hotel premises, you will be greeted with elegant and contemporary design of the lobby. The dim lights were just as relaxing and inviting.

Rising at the heart of Quezon City's most favorite food district, it is just the perfect location for those who lives at the metro and needs to find comfort aside from their home, especially for travelers who needs to stay in the city as well.  Travelers and staycationers can accommodate a total of 53 Standard rooms, 5 Deluxe rooms, 2 Junior suites, and 1 Presidential suite. 

The location is wonderful for all kinds of travelers because of the hotels proximity to tourist destinations in Quezon City, malls like the SM North Edsa, Fisher Mall, Tomas Morato which is famous for street filled with different restos and it is also a short ride away to MRT Stations that will take you to your next destination.

The hotel also boasts the overlooking view of Quezon City along with the busy vibe it gives. Parking won’t be a problem to those who have their car with them because they also have parking area.

 This is Meranti Hotel's outdoor pool located at the Penthouse. A wonderful venue to just chill and have a good swim especially in the evening after dinner or before you go to sleep. I find the view really relaxing.

Scattered around the area are chairs and tables for guests to lounge around while enjoying the breeze of the open area.

 My room was located at the 6th floor and I was given an electronic key card for my room. Upon getting my key card I went straight to my room, excited of the sight I was about to see and when I opened the door, I was not disappointed. I felt like my mouth was hanging wide open at the time.  Much to my delight, the room fits perfectly for me (more of too big for me) and surely will also fit to those who travel for work or leisure. Even though I was with someone that night, I felt like the room was way too big for the both of us especially the bed!
What delights me the most is the high ceiling and big windows! I super love it making the room even more spacious and relaxing in the eyes.  The minimalist colors is truly amazing. I also love the hardwood floor area.

 The room amenities includes this the long table where you can put your laptop and blog away or work and write down notes. There are several cabinets as well where you can put your stuff and a tall cabinet where you can hang your clothes. There's also a hair blower in one of those cabinets too.

I super love this Smart TV! This is the first time I've checked-in in a room where they use a Smart TV where you can control the Wifi, check the weather, and other information regarding the hotel. The internet access is SUPERB! I've been connected all day and night long and even uploaded videos and pictures without any hassle.

The room also includes this mini ref where you can stock up cold drinks and water or other food you might need to store inside like chocolates perhaps while watching a movie. I always do that every time I check in. There's an electric kettle too just in case you want to drink coffee in the middle of the night or tea perhaps.


My favorite part of the room is the bath and toilet. I always check it out first and I was impressed. I know I'll be enjoying my shower in this area because the space is good. Not too big and not too small either. It has hot and cold shower, a sink and water closet with bidet which is what most of us really need. 

Clean towels and slippers are also available plus this really cute toiletries like body lotion, bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste & toothbrush, shaving/dental kits are there, they've provided almost everything that you can think of which is really a thumbs up for me.

I find this area in the lobby of every floor really useful because there's chair and phone where you can call the reception area if you need anything or while waiting for the elevator, you can just sit there and wait.

Meranti Hotel also offers an in-house restaurant called Meranti Cafe located at the main lobby that serves a wide array of dishes. We were lucky to try their Valentines Dinner that night and here's what we ate that night which is served at the Penthouse.

Wines will be served if you will avail Meranti Hotel's Valentine Dinner available from February 13-14. For only Php 1,500, good for two.

Chili Soup with Jalapeno Bread

Maple Salad with Balsamic Vinegar

Salmon Catch with Orzo Pasta

Chocolate Ganache

For Breakfast, this is what we got:
You will choose from this menu what you'll have for Breakfast. 

It's still a buffet breakfast but you need to order it before they serve it to you unlike other buffet breakfast that you'll just get it on your own. I chose French Toast, Corned Beef, scrambled egg with ham and cheese then Bacon.

My companion got fried rice, scrambled egg, tocino and longganisa.

We also got Pancakes on the side which tasted like Bibingka, I love it.

 You can choose your preferred drink whether coffee or fruit juice.

There's also salad and bread on the side.

I hope they'll add more choices on their Breakfast menu like Daing or Danggit, tapa or mixed vegetables, pasta and other varieties since Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. The taste was good though. 

Check out Meranti Hotel's Valentines Day Promo!

Room with Dinner 
Standard Room with breakfast at Php5,000 plus 20% discount in Meranti Cafe. Includes a six course dinner for two with a bottle of red wine.

Dinner Only
Romantic dinner for two at Php1,500 with bottle of red wine.

Promo date: February 13 and 14, 2016

Check out the virtual tour at Meranti Hotel's Standard Room:

Overall, I had a pleasant and memorable stay at Meranti Hotel. It was relaxation at its finest! It is an ideal place to stay which is just located at the heart of Quezon City, excellent location and truly great value for money. This is also perfect for family staycation!

MY VERDICT
Location: 9/10
Design: 9/10
Rooms: 9/10
Food: 8/10
Service: 10/10
Overall experience: very good! 9/10

or call 3766340 to 42. You can also book via Agoda.com


MERANTI HOTEL MANILA
82 Scout Castor, Bgy. Laging Handa, Quezon City, Ph, Manila, Philippines

You Might Also Like

0 comments